After School Program
Anderson School’s After School Program is partnered with Greater Gallatin United Way kidsLINK, an initiative for after school programs. The program is fee-based with resources from Greater Gallatin United Way. It is governed and regulated by Anderson School District .
We understand that your child comes to us with unique experiences, interests and learning styles. Our goal is to know your child well and use this knowledge to guide, support and motivate him or her. We value parent involvement at every level and encourage you to partner with us to give your child the most powerful and joyous experience possible.
- Children have safe places in out of school time.
- Provide enhancement activities that support children’s success in school and in life.
- Provide working families with support.
- Target Outcomes:
- Reduce number of children home alone in out of school time.
- Increase number of children connected to caring adults in a safe environment.
- Increase access to activities that provide support for academic, emotional, and social success.
- Increase opportunities to teach children skills for making healthy choices.
- Increase children’s skills with structured activities for diverse interests and needs.
- Increase support for two parent working families and single parent families.
- Increase support for schools.
Although daily schedules vary, the following is a typical schedule:
- Homework and Enrichment
- Nutritional Snack
- Physical Activity and/or
- Sports and Activity and/or
- Reading and Board Games
- Clean Up
Daily each child will be asked if he/she has homework, if so one of the teachers will assist them if needed. After homework snack will be served. We do have requirements for what needs to be served, however if you have a suggestion on what your child likes to eat, PLEASE let us know. A nutritious snack is very important and we would like any ideas to make this happen.
For children who are signed up for regular days with Mrs. Layton or Miss Becker, fees are:
- After School 3:15-5:45 $6.00
- Early dismissal days* 12:30-5:45 $10.00
For those of you who need us occasionally fees are:
- After School 3:20-5:45 $8.00
- Early dismissal days* 12:30-5:45 $12.00
If you would like to sign your child up please contact Mrs. Layton at the front office or Katie Becker 600-8648 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.